(Pt 2) Etude House Precious Mineral Bright Fit BB Cream

Okay, so the last time I talked about how I was going to test my then newly-purchased Etude House Precious Mineral Bright Fit BB Cream.

States it has SPF30, and is "whitening, anti-wrinkle and anti-darkening"

                  The copy behind the tube is mostly in Korean. The shade I picked up is W13, as can be seen here, and the pump tube is 60g worth of product
I've been wearing this BB cream almost daily for over a week now. Firstly, I can safely say the freebie "mini BB cream brush" that came with the purchase isnt' much use really. It's scratchy and leaves a streaky application so I ended up ditching it. I've been applying the cream with my fingers instead and that works fine. It does need to be set with a bit of powder.

 I have oily combination skin which usually becomes an oil slick within 4 to 6 hours and I found that this cream helped contain the oiliness for a bit at first. Then after lunch hour, I'd need to blot. After two to three days of wearing the cream in a row, I broke out a little.

That alarmed me and after some research found that BB cream can be as pore-clogging as, if not more than, foundations. I then used a deep cleanse clay mask that week to help decongest my pores. Actually I find it better to deep cleanse with a clay mask once a week anyway, and with myself using makeup "more" than I used to in the past, it's something I really should work into my weekly routine.

I was about to resign myself to thinking that I may have splurged a bit much on something that may not be that great after all. Then I wore it while back in the hometown for a holiday. I used my toner, serum, skipped moisturiser and dabbed the BB cream on.Walked about in the hot sun, sweated it out in the humid weather, and what do you know? This Etude House Precious Mineral Bright Fit BB Cream actually does work; despite literally sweating it out and needing to pat tissue over my face to soak up some sweat, my complexion looked somewhat fresh and had that "unmade up" look. Meanwhile my sister had her high-end foundation and powder on and it all melted off in the humid tropical heat. My face stayed on looking alright even after the sun went down.

Finally...so that is what its all about when BB creams are touted as "sweat-proof"! (cue: bulb goes off, background music).  No wonder its also considered pore-clogging. I mean, how can anything be sweat proof and not be pore-clogging? Its like sunblock kinda, only its foundation-like. I remove my BB cream the same way as I do with when I wear foundations ie with makeup remover. I find that it works fine if I skip my moisturiser (it gets oily less faster) but I still do my toner and serum before slapping it on.

Verdict: Etude House Precious Mineral Bright Fit BB Cream is a worthwhile buy. It's blendable, comes in three four shades, stays on well though may still have that "foundation on" feel, and so far has helped protect my face from burning in the sun. For me, it's best  you have a deep cleanse routine going on as well though as BB creams can congest your pores.

Comments

Popular Posts