Impulse purchases

Yes, I did say I went a bit overboard with the makeup stuff this month. Face primer, eye primer, foundation, concealer, eyeshadow etc...and then I also stumbled onto a lookalike beauty blender sponge...so that too.

Impulse buys...but I wear them..I do..
 Just some foundation I've been wearing. On the left is Cover Girl Advanced Radiance foundation I picked up when I was briefly in Sydney last year. Not a good buy...ashy and kinda oily and kinda left my face feeling like it had a allergic reaction to it. So I picked up a Yves Rocher foundation (on the right), the matte version of the Couleurs Nature range and loving it! I've got oily-combination that tends to be on the oilier side and this foundation does wonders in keeping it matte and fresh for a long time. Plus the colour (Beige 200) suits me with its yellow undertone.
Opps...I almost forgot I got this Inglot Cream to Powder foundation earlier. It's alright..I use it more like a concealer now and then when my pimples get out of hand. The packaging looks sleek but it doesnt have a separate compartment for the sponge so it can look and be unsanitory. The consistency is quite soft hence as you can see here, the foundation gets out and everywhere if you're not careful. I kept the plastic cover over the foundation so I can keep the sponge over it. I haven't used this as an overall foundation often enough to know if its really good or not.
I've just only started on face primers and this is my very first. The Biotherm White D-Tox, which has SPF30, which was one of the main reasons I got it. I get to skip the sunscreen with this since it already has a high SPF. It's not bad, the purple undertone supposedly brightens up the skin. It does a little but I think it makes me a bit too white. My foundation still slides around a bit with this. I might try a different primer after this.

Isn't this Red Earth All-In-One Concealer kit the cutest? It has a cute cover plus little brushes, all in a compact case. I was looking for a new concealer and couldn't find my regular Maybelline wand concealer and then I saw this in SaSa. I think I still like a creamier concealer but this is just convenient...and cute.

I got this Proof 10 Eye Primer from Korean brand Etude as well. This too is a first for me. I've never used eye primers before, simply using concealer and powder, but since trying more eyeshadow nowadays, realise I really need one as eyeshadows won't last an hour on my oily eyelids. I've heard raves about Urban Decay ones but since am just trying primers out and not wanting to splash too much on the eye ones, decided to try this. Etude was on sale..with this being up to 30% off (if I remember correctly). It's not bad at all actually. It works well enough, colors are more intense and crease-free for longer.
 My first Inglot eyeshadows. And loving them. Inglot has this Freedom System palette which lets you pick and choose your colors and tailor your palette. I've just started with these two slightly shimmer ones...in apricot orangey shades (in for Spring)...which I do love. I got the five pan palette though in anticipation of adding more colors...am aiming for dark blue, black and gold, all the shimmer version.  I foresee I'll be adding on to those too. Haha.
And this! I was marching past the CociCoci stall/store outside Lot 10 and for some reason, popped in and browsed around. I found this hanging inconspicuously on their little rack with other little accessories. After seeing so many reviews and raves about the Beauty Blender, seeing this lookalike hanging unwanted in a lower-end beauty brand store, was a bit of a shocker. The real beauty blender is around USD35 and this was RM35.90, so yeah, I got it out of curiosity. It's actually from the brand Basicare, which calls it the All In One Foundation Sponge. I don't really know how to use it, I think. It does expand once its wet (as per pic above), and I tried it with my liquid foundation. It's a bit hard to wash out the foundation stains.  I think its good for the dewy effect but since I have oilier skin anyway, it makes my foundation get oily faster. I guess for our humid weather here, its not as suitable but for the drier air in Western countries, its probably the bomb. I still like it though, like a novelty item..haha. I have to find out other ways to use it next.

And yes, this post was quite long by my standards. Needed to post up my splurges for posterity before I get lazy. No wonder am broke this month. But not regretting any of my purchases though.







Comments

  1. If you are looking for a solid contextual advertising company, I recommend you have a look at PropellerAds.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts